Vacation is over and it is time to start working again. I have been playing a lot of games and explored many virtual worlds. Several hours a day. I have been driving trucks, flying, solving problems in the Thalos principle and of course been to Second life almost every day.
As I see it my Oculus rift have changed everything. I do not play all games in the Oculus and I have
A new 24 screen that makes it a lot more fun. Not everybody have the tech stuff I have but I suppose the market penetration for all the good game play stuff will only be greater.
When I am looking at where 2worlds2go will go in the future I see that multiplayer and virtual worlds live on for decades but games are short range stuff. You play and often forget.
In Euro truck 2 and in Flight simulator you can produce new add-ons forever. Second life still is a market for content. The life for virtual products last a lot longer if there is a multiplayer option.
There is some confusion at the moment about what platform will be the big next thing. Sad to say Second life looks outdated and the physics is not there to do anything new. I love it and think it is great in VR but no something must be done to make it survive. Altspace VR is cool in the Oculus and some nice games is in there. High Fidelity is a good platform but with a serious lack of tools. Sansar is still a enigma.
As a artist I really hope there will be some solutions in the next 6 months. I have a few ideas around how to create a new world on the other hand I only have 10 years of work left in me. So a new platform would be great. There are game system like Unity that could be intermediate solutions. But then there is server structure and network that do not look so good.
It is all in flux. The work continues.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Action scripting
- Design work
- The landscape
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Run your own business
- The new Blender
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- The Mobius grid
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Modern graphics ETS2
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- Haul to Linkoping
- New Update for Tower
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Time to drive again.
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.
- Transfer content in virtual worlds
- ROMANVM that’s a great build.
- The view from my house
- Starting to work on AI for Opensim.
- Pride Second life
- Visited High Fidelity today.
- Started work on Opensim Lendonia again.
- First High Fidelity avatar.
- Finally i can talk about Sansar.
- The quality of things in Second life.
- Back in to Sansar. Today Bryn Oh.
- City of lost Angels
- Playing Adrift for a few hours.
- Euro truck simulator 2, TruckersMP, VorpX, Oculus rift
- Once more partying in Second life.
- Sorry about the mess with logins.
- ETS2 Italy expansion: great
- Grid jump to Tranquility Welcome
- Finally the simulator is up again.
- Easter once more in SL