The new hypergrid is up and I finally have some time to write something. All the islands are stable now and I can jump in and out to other grids. But it was 5 days of hard work to figure out how to set it up. There is not much documentation to help. The grid is of course behind a router and firewall and is a local grid connect to internet. This creates a lot of problems if you want to connect both inside the network and outside.
Helpful things I have learned.
-- You need a router that can transfer the communication to the different Sims and you need to know how to setup port forwarding.
-- I think you need a domain where you can setup subdomains. Anyway this is how I got it to work. The subdomains do not do much on the internet its for the internal network. The big problem is that a internal network and the internet works the same way but the computers in the internal network do not have any internet IP addresses. And you want to be able to do stuff on the islands even if you are behind the firewall. With a subdomain it is possible for the internal workstations to find for example the sandbox. Then its address is http://sandbox.2worlds2go.eu not much use on the internet for that there is the routers port forwarding.
-- Inside the network you need your own DNS server to solve the network addresses in the internal network. I do not think this is necessary more than for the internal network. If your not working with computers setting up a DNS server is like running in to a wall. Ask someone who knows.
As I said it took me a week to figure it out. Setting up a single island really work right out of the box. But when you get it going it is easy to ad more Sims.
Of course this is a working grid so most of the Sims are only up when someone is working on them. The grid address is http://hg.2worlds2go.eu:8002 But there are some restrictions because we have a terrible internet connection being all out in the Swedish landscape. You can see more on http://2worlds2go.eu. Sometimes the High Fidelity server is running on the sandbox and slow things down it is a Alfa you know.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Action scripting
- Design work
- The landscape
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Run your own business
- The new Blender
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- The Mobius grid
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Modern graphics ETS2
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- Haul to Linkoping
- New Update for Tower
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Time to drive again.
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.
- Transfer content in virtual worlds
- ROMANVM that’s a great build.
- The view from my house
- Starting to work on AI for Opensim.
- Pride Second life
- Visited High Fidelity today.
- Started work on Opensim Lendonia again.
- First High Fidelity avatar.
- Finally i can talk about Sansar.
- The quality of things in Second life.
- Back in to Sansar. Today Bryn Oh.
- City of lost Angels
- Playing Adrift for a few hours.
- Euro truck simulator 2, TruckersMP, VorpX, Oculus rift
- Once more partying in Second life.
- Sorry about the mess with logins.
- ETS2 Italy expansion: great
- Grid jump to Tranquility Welcome
- Finally the simulator is up again.
- Easter once more in SL