Info and contact
In many ways my 2014 was not a good year so i am really looking
forward to 2015. I had to work on my artist career and could not
spend as much time in virtual as i wanted and it was really
2014 was the year i got my Oculus Rift and the virtual reality i
had known would for ever be something totally else. Opensim and
the Second life grid changed and now i always use it when i am in
world. It is a totally different experience using the Oculus in
world that i can not really describe the feeling. The only way to
understand is to try one out. If you get a chance do it.
Ok there are a few drawbacks. The motion sickness can be bad but i
have learned how to use the Oculus and after a while you do not
get sick anymore. You can not chat as usual. Linden labs viewer
have solved some of the problems but i still can not see my
keyboard. So voice it is. But not many use voice on the grids.
And the viewers are not ready yet. I use the CtrlAltDel viewer
because the Linden lab viewer have some stupid software that do not
let you see all prims in some kind of attempt to speed up the
viewer. Please take that out or let me decide what i want to see in
a scene. But the Linden lab viewer on the other hand have solved
the user interface very nice.
When i visit a place i want to see everything in the fantastic builds around Second life and the hypergrid. This year i am buying a super duper graphics card just for this.
This year i am not going to obsess on the real life artworks that much and spend some more time on the grids. I may even come up with some new products if there is a way to manage the very stupid new EU tax laws. Yes i confess i am also in it for the money. A artist life is both poor and boring. Some cash makes it more fun. But over all the exploring of virtual hardware and software is the most exciting for me.
The Opensim conference was a great success. Once more. It is nice to meet other fellow enthusiasts and have a chat. I do not know if we are a elite in the virtual worlds or just a bunch of wackos? Future will tell. It was fun.
The OSgrid went down and never came up. So I created my own hypergrid. And soon realized that I have no time to run my own grid. The islands on the OSgrid was up for months and I had them for years with out much work. So I hope the guys get it up running again. I will be back.
And 2worlds2go is another project I miss treated 2014. It is going in all kinds of directions with Second life, The gallery, Opensim and my flight simulation. If it is going to work I have to focus and start working together with other designers. I always meet great designers in Second life that like to work with their designs but do not have the time and skills to run a company or even want to. There is a business idea in here somewhere. I am down sizing somewhat. I have a real life company too. Everything takes time.
So for all you out there in virtual lala land. This will be the
best year ever. See you around the grids.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Action scripting
- Design work
- The landscape
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Run your own business
- The new Blender
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- The Mobius grid
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Modern graphics ETS2
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- Haul to Linkoping
- New Update for Tower
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Time to drive again.
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.
- Transfer content in virtual worlds
- ROMANVM that’s a great build.
- The view from my house
- Starting to work on AI for Opensim.
- Pride Second life
- Visited High Fidelity today.
- Started work on Opensim Lendonia again.
- First High Fidelity avatar.
- Finally i can talk about Sansar.
- The quality of things in Second life.
- Back in to Sansar. Today Bryn Oh.
- City of lost Angels
- Playing Adrift for a few hours.
- Euro truck simulator 2, TruckersMP, VorpX, Oculus rift
- Once more partying in Second life.
- Sorry about the mess with logins.
- ETS2 Italy expansion: great
- Grid jump to Tranquility Welcome
- Finally the simulator is up again.
- Easter once more in SL