2worlds2go digital studio
In 1992 i started a company called Cybernetic worlds. I had been playing and creating games on my Amiga and was dreaming about virtual worlds where people could interact and game together. The company never lifted as there was no internet and computer just started to be powerful enough to do 3D.
I had to wait 14 years before i found some thing called Second life in 2006. Finally a fully workable virtual world where you could interact, create and party. The first years i was online all the time. I just loved it.
That was 10 years ago. A lot have been happening since. Second life is still here, Opensim makes it possible to run your own grid, High fidelity, AltspaceVR and many others are developing new worlds. And of course my fav tech thing the Oculus rift and all the other headsets that make it possible to be truly immersed in VR.
For me VR have taken my life in a new direction. After several years in the information and software development business i made it in to art school and a career in art. The possibility to combine my crazy interest in new technology and my work as an artist makes my everyday work in VR more and more exciting.
Looking to the future. I think VR will continue to grow when new hardware and software makes it more compelling for just about everyone with a sense of wonder and imagination. Today I have my own grid where it is possible to continue my research in to VR and art. I write scripts and software. Create more worlds and VR products and take a big part in the old but now growing community of virtual aviation. My artlab is a great place to experiment with building hardware and connect to computers and web. I still log in to Second life almost every day and enjoy the new shiny tech future I can see.
The road is open
The work continues.
About the Author
Virtual world artist and blogger. Developer of software and stuff. Read more at My blog
When i am inworld i use my Oculus rift so if i do not answer the chat it is because i cant see my keyboard. Try voice.
More articles from this author
- Action scripting
- Design work
- The landscape
- Media and advertising
- Brand management
- Run your own business
- The new Blender
- Scripting planes in Second life.
- Free tool for your 3D needs.
- Moving all Opensim databases to MariaDB
- The artlab early spring
- Web templates on its way.
- Waiting for a new R.O.B.U.S.T server
- Opensim conference:Looking good.
- Clubs in SL
- 2worlds2go in Second life starts to come together.
- One of my fav designerd in SL
- Now we make everything in Virtual worlds Oculus rift compatible.
- Visiting the Lost world on the Hypergrid
- The Mobius grid
- Star trekking on Tangle grid.
- Arduino projects
- A fast hypergrid trip to Francogrid.
- Poser 9.Playing around.
- Opensim conference: Impressions
- Opensim conference:What to wear.
- Why I want to make the world a better place.
- Another cool feature in Singularity.
- Caledon to get inspiration for new work.
- Opensim conference 2013 exhibit starts to look nice.
- Opensim conference 2013. 3D sketching.
- Time for snowy woods in Lendonia.
- Super cheap 3D for Second life. Wigglegrams
- A city,a city,a city
- Time for Love
- Winter comes to Lendonia.
- Why I stopped using Second life.
- Back to There World. A fun,fun,,day.
- Still people that write new useful apps for Second life.
- Black forest. Issues with concentration.
- What about that a new Xbox One.
- Lendonia. Mushroom forest.
- No need for a new hype in virtual worlds.
- More immersive virtual life without the Oculus Rift
- Going by train in Caledon.
- A new server for the Developer grid and expanding virtual life.
- The future of virtual communities.
- Building a virtual world.
- Time for another virtual year 2014.
- Some days it is nice to just sit in Second life.
- Do the trucking thing.
- Exploring route 12 in my truck or when Second life works.
- Driving in Second life or scrap the physics engine.
- Exploring There world
- The Cloud party build
- Moving or leaving. That’s the question?
- My fav art place in SL closing down. Avalon town.
- Aurora sim. Big areas to fly around in.
- Second life in my phone.
- At Burn 2. Another thing about Second life I like.
- Being a hypergrid explorer.
- Transfer from Second life to Cloud party.
- i am leaving Google
- Hypergrid soon to have the best builds.
- Summer of gaming. Will virtual reality work?
- On vacation in RL.
- The new hypergrid at 2worlds2go. Some help for the grid admin.
- Getting to the bottom of Second life. This world will live on.
- High Fidelity is like the space program. Not for everybody but there could be spinoff effects.
- And so we recreate our self.
- Memory lane. Some of my builds still standing in SL.
- The Oculus, the brain and rides in Second life.
- Freedom of speech
- The new exhibition at Nilsart gallery. Tomais Ashdene.
- 2014 the year virtual reality changed forever.
- So what to learn from Opensim conference.
- First day at Opensim Conference
- New Oculus Rift project viewer for Second life. It rocks.
- Spending time in the Oculus Rift world. Many things tested.
- In to the void. Two days with the Oculus Rift.
- OSg7b, Talented builders, outdated graphics.
- Using Wordpress now and the blog lives on.
- Friday party at the OSGrid
- Ok my page is now using my SL name but the link does not.
- Without words.
- Opensim conference 2015
- The world turns even if I do not blog
- Beginners by Cica Ghost
- All over Second Life. No one there.
- Checking out the Great Canadian grid.
- Another transport for 2worlds2go logistics.
- Finally a new home in Second life.
- Hypergrid jump to Torino Italy.
- Hypergrid jumping to Sparkle
- Got my piece ready for OSG9B
- Modern graphics ETS2
- VR is all in flux
- Dark side of the Rainbow at – Kitely
- Another one for Cica Ghost. “Them”
- Avatarfest build. The Lions.
- Haul to Linkoping
- I just love the graphics in this game.
- New Update for Tower
- Burn 2016. Looks smaller somehow.
- Bought a new cool outfit to visit London
- Finally solved the Webkit problem on Linux
- The 1920s Berlin Project - Weimar Republic role play sim
- Shopping at the hypergrid
- Time to drive again.
- Todays company flight to Bergen.
- La Digue du Braek, Muppets Island
- Time again for the OCC2016
- New France expansion.
- X-mas flight 2016
- And a package delivery in a snowy Malmoe
- Evening Sky Aurora flight
- Beta testing MyWorld on Steam.
- Sorry about the downloads. :(
- Started working with the Bento avatar
- Driving the France expansion.
- Constantly exploring.